Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Starting to get into the swing of things...

Today was another great day. Mon., Wed, and Fri. one of the gifted teachers collabs with my class for part of the day. It's always interesting to see how collab teaching works in different classrooms. Sometimes the main teacher still runs the show, sometimes not. It's a delicate dance of teaching, when done correctly. However, my mentor teacher was perplexed with what to do when the gifted teacher ran over time. They sort of wing it when it comes to the day's lesson. I feel like more communication would benefit the teachers and the students. But it is still early in the year. I'm sure everyone will get the hang of it.
I also sat in on my first grade level meeting. Since we submit one lesson plan as a grade level team, the teachers divvy up subjects. My teacher does S.S. and sometimes math. It'll be nice to see these subject areas, especially since I was in an ELA 5th grade all last semester. I feel like I know that curriculum like the back of my hand.
My teacher had to leave a little early today, so I was left to write tomorrow's morning message, plan a morning meeting activity, and grade some math tests. I have to be honest, it felt pretty good being the only one in the classroom working on things for the next day. It was like a little glimpse into the future. Tomorrow night is curriculum night! I'm excited to meet my kids' parents. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment