Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My First "Official" Day!

So, although I went to the first day of pre-planning and the first day of school, I did so on my own time. My first official day was today. Yesterday everyone met with their supervisors to get the low down on our student teaching requirements this semester. Basically, I slowly start taking on more and more responsibilities in the classroom and build up to at least 2 full weeks teaching everything. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Today we had Data Team during planning. Basically, the whole 5th grade meets with the instructional coach and they go over assessment data to determine how the kids are doing(aka. boring). Nevertheless, the majority of the day was trying to make copies while the copier was on the fritz and trying to remember my kids' names. I think I've got most of them. Oh, and I also gave a few students reading assessments this afternoon. So now I'm off to look at the curriculum guides for 5th grade so I know what I'm in for this semester!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great semester, Ali! I hope today is the first of many rewarding days. I know you'll do lots of writing with them...they will love you!

    ReplyDelete