Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Place of My Own

I got my own desk today! So far, I have been taking over the kidney table at the back of the room, which was fine. However, one of the janitors told my teacher about an extra desk he had, and my teacher asked if I could use it. So after school we rearranged things and put our desks facing each other. I feel so official now! In other news, I stayed until after 6 this evening. We had another team planning meeting and then my teacher and I moved the desks, organized a lot of stuff, and basically started getting our shit together. I feel better about a lot of things, but still overwhelmed with other things like lesson plans. Not to mention, I take over reading in 2 weeks and my teacher hasn't even figured out how to implemented her own way of teaching reading. She uses The CAFE Book, which I am not familar with. But she hasn't done anything from CAFE since week 1. How am I supposed to plan using CAFE if I've never seen it? Anyway, that's my mini issue right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali! I'm happy you got a space of your own! It sounds like you are working really hard...

    I don't know too much about CAFE either...I went to google books and they provide a free preview of the CAFE book that gives you background. It sounds like an organizational strategy for reading assessment, also dovetails with the Daily 5 (another organizational umbrella for good practices in literacy instruction).

    Sorry you are having to plan from something you're not seeing much of. I know you'll make the best of it. I hope you don't mind me commenting! I know you don't need help but I couldn't resist answering the question. :)

    And don't worry about keeping up your blog! Just do what you can. You are working very hard!

    Cheering you on,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete